RDI Oilfield Fabrication is hiring a Fabrication Welder for our Fruita, Colorado Location
1 to 5 years experience in related role
Position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds and ability to move throughout the warehouse including climbing stairs and ladders. Physical ability to hold grinding equipment at various angles (including overhead) to perform duties. Safe operation of the equipment requires accurate hearing and vision.
Incumbent required to utilize a variety of equipment including grinder and crane.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Other duties as required.
- Must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions.
- .Have a steady hand and great attention to detail.
- .Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and constructive relationships with coworkers.
- .Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- .Maintain high standards for safe, accurate work despite various deadlines and pressure